- The Academy complies with the laws protecting personal information and with the JRC’s regulations to protect personal information (hereinafter called the regulations of the Academy).
The personal information collected by the Academy will not be disclosed to third parties without consent at any circumstances except:
- as required by law, for instance, if we are required to do so by public authorities, local governments or other organizations commissioned by public authorities or local governments to exercise their duties, yet when it may obstruct the execution of the duties to obtain consent of the individual concerning the personal information.
- if we believe that such action is necessary to protect the personal safety or property of an identifiable person or group, yet if it is difficult to obtain consent of the individual concerning the personal information.
- Whenever it is necessary to collect personal information, the Academy will disclose how we use it and will limit the use of it to that which is needed for those purposes and will handle it carefully. The usage of the information collected at the admission, the enrollment formalities or other occasions at the Academy is defined separately (see below).
The Academy endeavor to place strict controls on protection and management of personal information we have collected, such as:
- to develop awareness of possibilities of unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or modification of personal information we have collected and to take physical and other necessary safety control measures to prevent them.
- to exchange written memorandums or similar with third parties in case, by necessity, services that deal with personal information are outsourced to them, and to keep an eye on their work.
- The Academy will update this policy and the regulations of the Academy due to revision of laws, changes in social conditions, etc.
- The Academy will promote educational activities to raise awareness of importance of the protection of personal information.
- An individual or an agent commissioned by an individual may request that we disclose, amend, append or remove any personal information concerning the individual and the Academy will deal faithfully with the requests according to the regulations of the Academy.
Use of the Personal Information
The Academy use the personal information collected at the admission, the enrollment formalities or other occasions at the Academy in order:
- to manage registration or transfer of students.
- to create forms of registrations, transfers, courses, grades, certificates, surveys or student cards, etc, or to tally them, send them out or notify the concerning individual of them.
- to send out courses or grades reports to personal references.
- to manage information regarding employment.
- to manage, create forms of, send out or notify information regarding college fees.
- to identify valid membership of library users or to supply other library services.
- to identify valid membership of college network users or to supply other college network services.
- to create documents regarding scholarship or notify the concerning individual of the information.
- to create or store documents regarding students’ health administration.
- to send out colleges’ public relations magazines.
- to send out notification of documents regarding payment or donation.
- to create or manage data of alumni.
- to provide contacting information to organizations with which colleges have close relations, such as parent’s association, alumni association, etc, which are established so as to help students at colleges, promote mutual friendship among members and welfare or contribute to the development of colleges.
- for colleges to contact with students regarding other things.